Friday, May 24, 2013

Fighting Pretty Tips from a Gorgeous Gal

After seeing a woman by the name of Alexis, only through Facebook, her energy shines through posts, pictures and her amazing smile. See below, isn't she gorgeous?


We asked her to share some of her tips on Fighting Pretty and here's what she had to say:

These days exercise keeps me going!
Being outside! (With good SPF and a Sunshirt (SPF 50 protection).

I make sure that any day I have the energy I am outside walking with my headphones on and I definitely look up new music on iTunes daily.  My FEEL GOOD songs are:

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: "Can't hold us"

"Can we go back, this is the moment | Tonight is the night, we’ll fight 'til it’s over | So we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us!!!"


Avicii (feat. Nicky Romero) "I could be the one"
"When you need a way to beat the pressure down | When you need to find a way to breathe | I could be the one to make you feel that way | I could be the one to set you free"

Gym Class Heroes featuring Ryan Tedder "The Fighter"
Give em hell, turn their heads | Gonna live life 'til we're dead. | Give me scars, give me pain | Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me...there's goes the fighter! | This one's a fighter!

One Republic "Feel Again
With you I can feel again! 
Regarding make-up, I just recently went out shopping wearing only a chemo cap, but lipstick, blush and mascara. I ran into a woman who knew my mom and within 15 minutes she asked if I would date her son.  No, literally, I was like: "Um Lady, I'm totally bald...and in chemotherapy" and her response was: "You're absolutely beautiful!"  It was a huge compliment! It's hard going out, because I think once people recognize a woman on chemo they're afraid to make eye contact.  The days I wear make-up, its really shocking to see that the general public isn't that afraid.  I believe other people realize I'm not scared of the changes my body is going through, and there is no reason for them to be afraid either.  

Thank you for empowering us as cancer survivors and showing us that cancer can't stop us, even when we are affected at such a young age.

--------------------------------------------

Check out these gorgeous pictures of Alexis and her dear friend Michele!
Our love goes out to you Alexis and you are ONE HOT CHICK!! xoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment