Monday, February 9, 2015

Though she be but little, she is fierce.

Meet Elizabeth Tague, an ex-college women’s rugby player and loving middle school math teacher who was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer at just 32 years old. Now, only four years later, Liz is living happy, healthy and cancer-free.

You may remember Liz from a prior Fighting Pretty blog post about “Pumping the Positivity.” Liz considered herself to be a healthy cancer patient who was going to do whatever it took to stay focused and beat breast cancer.  And she did it.

I knew Liz well before either of us were diagnosed with breast cancer. Liz and I played women’s rugby together during college and she was my mentor. My real big sister didn’t go to school with me, but Liz was there – to watch over me, protect me and teach me. She was always an inspiration.

After hearing of her diagnosis only a few years after my own, I was heartbroken for her. But I knew she had the fight in her to not only beat this horrible disease, but to challenge it with poise and vigor.

As our second woman featured as part of the Fighting Pretty Iconic Women series, Liz Tague is our fierce hero.

At the shoot held in New York City with photographer William Philbin, Liz chose a pearl necklace as an accessory to her already-bright wardrobe. It made her feel beautiful. As soon as she put the oversized pearls around her neck, her entire expression changed. Liz was Fighting Pretty.

Those pearls now belong to Liz, and you will frequently see her sporting them whenever she is celebrating her health, her triumph and her very happy and healthy life with her husband Brian.


Here’s to you Liz, may your February be full of love, and may you forever fight with ferocity as a woman who is truly Fighting Pretty.







No comments:

Post a Comment